Friday, September 16, 2005

Talkative!

Yeah! as the evening wears on I am getting talkative.

I have all the lights on in my living room and am listening to Rashid Khan singing in the Todi raag. There is something about his voice, the depth and texture, that makes it resonate within your being.

Hmm! brings to mind the nights I spent in college with a particular friend, listening to Rashid Khan, drinking whiskey, with the lights dimmed down ... getting lost in ourselves and the glimpse of eternity that we got through the music, without ever leaving the bounds of our hostel room.

Interestingly when I was in B' I gave that particular album away to another very favorite person of mine. She loved it and at that time it felt right that she should have it.

Few years later when I visited India I tried to look up that very album, to preserve the memories that remain entangled with it. Particularly beautiful memories of one particular evening. Unfortunately to no avail... I have never seen that album again, don't remember its name, just what it looked like and ... what it still evokes.

No comments: