Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor day

i worked the entire weekend and am feeling exhausted today. theres still cooking to be done. done with the groceries and laundry! Guess I can enjoy not laboring on labor day!

i went to V's yesterday. they know me by first name, i've been there so many times... what you'd call a regular. Yesterday she told me she rememebered the very first time i went to her place when I was considering moving to this town ("you were wearing a navy suit and a silver tie... right?" she asked) One of the perks of being in a small town i guess.

everytime i venture out of my apartment and am not going to work, i am always excited at the prospect of meeting someone interesting. And everytime, i walk back home with a mixture of disapointment and a "well what did you expect, anyway?" feeling

which is true... what do i expect anyway?

I have a free corner in my living room. Am contemplating setting up a humble bar there. Sometime soon, though not right now. With goblets and martini glasses, and a warm glow reflecting off a line of bottles. to keep me warm during the winter. Oh yes, i need bar stools too. very very important to have bar stools.

I think back to my years in S_. man i had quite a social life. Do I miss it? some people. I miss my immediate group of friends... (s,k,k,s,r,p,j) but beyond that... i am actually enjoying it. Well it would be nice to moor myself to one person, just so I don't loose my voice!

I'll be cooking some dinner tonight. will be set a table for 2... just in case someone "interesting" turns up.

No comments: