Friday, September 16, 2005

Summary!

I'm exhausted! Tons of work all week... ending off with a flourish of empty paper work. But its over. I came back home and collapsed on my couch and passed out while they kept Considering All Things on radio.

My general impressions of the week:
1. UN meeting earlier this week. Kristof makes the whole bunch look really bad, and I tend to agree with his point. Looks like Bangladesh has lower child mortality rates than India. Hmm! Indians still haven't figured out good software to deal with child mortality. Meanwhile Indians have been writing software to teach math to children in Singapore! Guess, somebody needs to write code to reduce child mortality!!

2. After bungling around for 2 weeks in New Orleans and exemplifying the word 'incompetence', W ate humble pie ... (lets see, may be he'll soon do that about Iraq) and to top it all off declared today a National Day of Prayer!! Thats typically the faith-based approach. Fuck-up and then pray!

3. Theres all the debate over confirming the S. Court C. Justice John R. He doesn't feel like a terrible monster to me. He believes that the constitution is a changing document, believes in precedence and does not believe in the court taking too radical decisions too fast. Looks like he is a wee bit right of center, but also someone who may prove to be more liberal than S. Day O' C.

4. This morning there was talk about FEMA employees talking about how they screamed themselves hoarse as did the press about the oncoming onslaught of Katarina and how it fell on the deaf ears of upper management! Duh!

Enough of ranting!

On the personal front, nothing much is happening. I have been recently panicing about what will happen in case I get into a medical emergency at home. I could be in trouble even if the phone is right next to me, but I'm unconcscious. I know I'm paranoid and this is not the age to worry about dramatic exits, but... oh well! May be I really need to get a big Husky.

Nothing else. The chapy I wrote about in my previous blogs has been sited on 2 occasions since then! These 'sitings' make my adrenalin rush, but beyond that has little impact. Its not like I'm going to go up to him and say.. "Hey! Could I buy you a drink!"

And now I have a headache.

No comments: