Sunday, December 03, 2006

Snowy afternoon

Its been a very hectic and depressing week. Hectic is expected... its that time of the year when school is drawing to a close and everybody is scrambling to get stuff done.

Depressing ... Sigh! No reason for it, nothing happened, it'll pass as it always does, after lingering for a bit. May be its just the weather. Its been snowing continuously for the last 3 days. The pictures on the left and right are taken from my living room window (the front street and the tree peeping in) and my bedroom window (looking at the woods behind my back yard) respectively.

Anyway, I decided to not be depressed and realized that there was a ton of fruits in my fridge that if not tended to soon would be heading to the trash. So out came the strawberries and blueberries and the apples. The berries got washed and sliced, and the apples got peeled and cored. I got out my baker's hat and within an hour the oven was baking a berry pie and an apple cider pudding cake :) (See pictures below). Now the whole place is smelling of apples and baking. That made me happy!















And then to make myself happier, I put up my Christmas Tree. See picture below. So now I have a tree lighting up my room with pretend gifts under it and a pie and a pudding sitting on my table with no one to eat them.


Oh well! At least I tried to cheer myself up.

No comments: