Monday, June 12, 2006

Home at last

Its been a month since the fire. And I have just finished unpacking my last box, and putting it away into my storage unit in the basement. All the laundry is done as well and things seem to be smelling less and less of the smoke. In fact I feel that I am at last home again since that night.

In between there were 2 weeks of business trips, a wedding in Houston, the unfortunate and untimely demise of a very respected mentor, friend and colleague and finally a crisis at work consisting of lots of flared tempers! Lots of disorientation all in the course of a month.

But as I said... I am feeling stable and at home once again, typing in my blog, sipping a glass of red wine and listening to the BBC World. Of course, home feels a little empty, given that my new apartment has a lot more space than my previous apartment. So currently most of my living-dining space is looking like a football field.

Of course, the time is just right to go and buy new furniture. I am planning to get a new dining set and a futon to add another living space. I am also looking for a bamboo/tissue screen and a corner bar with a couple of bar stools... Well! Well! Its going to be interesting to see how many of those I actually land up buying. I am going my old principle of not buying used furniture...

I have a few good ideas to write about tonight... but I am sooooo tired !

Later!

No comments: