Monday, May 22, 2006

Working from Ho...

No I'm not working from home. Infact, while this may sound strange, I was homeless for a week, last week because there was a fire in my apartment. (officially smoked out!!!). Just had enough time to resolve moving/slavaging issues and now I am back on the road running/driving/flying from point to point on business. Hence, I have been mostly "working from Hotel". Turning a hotel suite into an office in minutes, meeting with my students on the desk phone, sending out a zillion emails and packing up in minutes ... before taking the next flight. Most 'work' nowadays seems to be coordinating and writing. A lot of coordinating.

Strangely, the road feels like home. Driving to and fro Chicago, I've learnt where to get cheap gas and where to get good Thai food in Wisconsin. Last week, dealing with all the consequences of the fire was so stressful, getting back on the road yesterday was refreshing, nay relieving. It was like coming home at the end of a long week!

Having just moved in (all my boxes are yet unpacked) to a new apartment before I left, I wont be able to say the same when I return middle of next week.

The rest of the summer promises to be as busy.

1 comment:

Prash said...

A new blog ? Wow.

I am sorry for the fire accident. It is not easy. Hope you have insurance.

Good Luck and as the French says 'Bon Courage'..:-)

@ the comments you left in my blog,

You know what. I didn't say or think that the lady is racist. It is my friend who put this idea into my head. I am cool. I just exagerated by saying that I have a crises situation. I shall take care of my facial skin when I shave. Just because you say so. :-)