Sunday, January 15, 2006

Tomorrow!

My life is becoming like a movie in which nothing-really-happens and yet there is a constant tension seething under the covers. Like slowly moving molten magma under a volcanic dome ... a deferential silence maintained as the imminent explosion is patiently expected.

I am nervous with apprehension ... it wakes me up at night and startles me during the day. Sometimes I look forward to what may happen with joy, at other times I am afraid and want time to freeze so that I will never have to go beyond the 'now'. Most of the time I vascillate between cynicism and gratitude... My cynicism, because its going to be yet another day in a life in which nothing-really-happens, is quickly replaced by thankfulness when I think of all the horrible things that might happen ... because nice things happen seldom. And so with my baggage of joy, fear, cynicism and gratitude, all rolled into a neat rucksack, I traipse through time.

And yet, I hope ... while I wait patiently ...
Like Patience on a monument,
Green and yellow with melancholy

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: