Sunday, January 08, 2006

Nothing in particular

Its been one of those weekends. Started off with a Friday evening at the bar where I stayed too long and babbled a lot more than I should have. I wish I could control myself a little more and be a little less opinionated. Anyway, the damage is done!

Saturday morning: went skiing for a few hours. It was followed by an enjoyable lunch with friends. Other than that I officially brooded through the weekend. Took care of chores such as laundry, but got NO work done. School starts tomorrow and I feel like I haven't had enough of a break.

K' very kindly gave me 2 packs of frozen blackberries yesterday, which had defrosted by the time I got home, and needed immediate attention to avoid a rot. I had initially intended to bake a blackberry pie, but being too lazy, I decided to blend them into a juice that I could use as a health drink (!). But laziness seldom pays. The blended blackberries were so dense that it was barely drink-worthy. It also ruined all chances of making a pie of the berries and made the rot-meter reading even more critical. So I ended up baking a blackberry-almond cake... thats an almond cake with 2 cups of flour, 2 cups of sugar, 3 eggs, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, a drop of lime juice, the blended backberries and of course the almonds, baked for 45 minutes at 375F. It turned out pretty well. It went from being the disaster of the weekend to making a last minute sharp turn to be the brightest spot.

Oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not bad at all...i tell ya