Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hello!

Hello to all on blogspot. I am not new to the blogosphere. But then Snowflake is new... so, may be, I am too... i.e. this I. Maybe to avoid confusion I should be J here. You get it! right? you've seen something of me somewhere before... but then hey, thats true for every stranger you've met. Look closely they look like somebody you know ... before you know it you have neatly categorized them as the X -Type... Yeah! Yeah! we know all that. I'm not making a point here. Just saying that this blog is about an amorphous identity. An experiment in living multiple lives in multi-voicing... in enjoying the pleasure of having inconsistent opinions... In short, I'm not making a point... I've made enough of them in this realm.

So why the Snowflake? Well heres the deal. Sitting in my living room looking out of my picture window at the town square I see a spruce wilting in the late afternoon sun with Christmas decorations still hanging on it. No big ornaments, just silver streamers and what might be holiday lights. You wouldn't notice the decor if you didn't look hard enough. We need some snowflakes... Yeah its late summer, I noticed the first colors of fall last evening. The snowflakes will be here soon.

I love fall. I love the wistfulness in the air. The last glance after the farewell, as the taxi turns the corner, the last look at the airport after they went through security and grudgingly walked away down the concourse... they could stand there and keep looking at me standing a short distance away, thus delaying the inevitable departure... but then what is it worth? A lot, just like Fall has the most vibrant of colors those moments of distance are often the most meaningful and painful... hence some of us shy away from them and take the rational decision: Bravely wave with a smile and turn away just in time to hide the tears...

Flaky, eh? I'd warned ya!

No comments: