Sunday, November 08, 2009

Events and Refelctions

I have been meaning to update my blog for the last couple of weeks but stuff has been getting in the way ... and now I have so many thoughts to register, that I do not know where to start.

Fall my favorite season of the year is almost gone. The forests were ablaze with color, the last hooray before the winter sets in. This year the weather has been a bit odd - we had an early fall snow, which melted away in a day - but left behind a cover of gray dreariness and slow drizzle that lingered right through October. And now in November - that the trees have lost all the color we have been having beautiful - albeit windy - fall days. So we are enjoying the last of a series of beautiful fall days.

I mentioned in my last post that my parents were visiting. Truth be told, I was a bit nervous before they arrived - as this was the first time they were going to see our shared life, our house and our dear pups. Would they approve? Well, I must say - it was an absolutely wonderful visit. I am very very thankful that they got along very well with my partner T' and vice-versa. Our families met each other as well - and it was such a beautiful get together. Somehow it made it all so very real - and even sacred in some sense. I am terribly proud of my parents, because in-spite of themselves, they have journeyed with me on my quest, and I feel honored to share every aspect of my life with them. While they were visiting, the four of us visited Yellowstone National Park (YNP) - and I must say YNP is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life. The trip went off quite well and I think my parents enjoyed it quite a bit. T' was enjoying all the wonderful food Ma was cooking (excepting for Karela). He seemed to like Payesh - a good old Bengali favorite - very much and has learned to make it (unfortunately I am lactose intolerant). And Ma would make it a point to make puppy sized parathas for B' and E', as well. They completely loved having Baba around - 3 walks a day does not compare with anything they have had before. It was definitely difficult to say good-bye, when their 6 week visit came to an end - we had gotten quite used to them being around.

So that was a busy and eventful fall. The best part for me was to go to sleep each night with the secure feeling that my whole world was warm and cozily tucked in under the same roof.

... and now to the reflections of the season. Just simple ones - enjoying the moment, knowing that its all we've got - and that before we know it, all will seem like a dream. I sit at my window and watch the wind sweeping the dry leaves in the yard - gathering them up in neat heaps - only to swirl them around its finger like eddies, carelessly undoing its own hard work. The wanton ways of the whistling wind speaks to me of distant lands. I hear the rhythm of drums - a harmonious blend of many narratives, punctuated by the silence of wisdom and the music of the spheres.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't blog often enough...
WRITE SOMETHING!


Glad to know you have what most commitment-oriented gay men desire :)