Sunday, October 23, 2005

In between laundry and the bills

... is 'updating my blog' on my list of Sunday chores!!! Sad but true. I've been so busy lately haven't had time to breathe. Business related travel, buying a car, getting more involved with my church and of course work, work and work and ... oh yes, work!

Anyway, managed to catch up with an old friend who happened to be in the same area as my last trip. It was great... I love meeting up with old friends, especially after long gaps, because its an occasion that reflects change, in the time that has passed in between. Its often difficult in the mad rush of the mundane to notice how we are all changing, which of course we are all the time, slowly but surely. I was glad to find thinning hair the only thing on the list of "changes" that I disagreed with my friend on. All other changes seemed fun and it was great synching up again.

Meanwhile, winter seems to be settling in. The fall colors are fading and the forests are looking more and more like broom-sticks up for sale. And the wind like a true salesman in howling for customers, as it slickly pries its way into every nook and corner leaving behind a chill and no leaf unturned. Which, of course makes sense, given that Haloween is round the corner and I am sure the neighbor-hood witch and wizard are looking for a new wand and a tough fuel-efficient broom stick.

Well Diwali is round the corner too. So we light our candles side by side with our carved pumkins and invite the weird, the strange, the preposterous, the outrageous and the good ol' normal to sit down to a sumptuous dinner of tandoori chicken and saag paneer. There's going to be enough space to park your cars and brooms and stack up your hats and hoods and a stand for your sticks, umbrellas and wands.

Anyway, now I need to move on to the bills.

No comments: